Posted on April 21, 2009
Jane’s Walk on May 2, 10 am – noon
At our recent eco-restoration meeting (announced on this Blog) the idea came up that our neighbourhood should participate in Jane’s Walk this year on May 2nd. Jane’s Walk is named after the influential writer and activist Jane Jacobs.
We’ve put together a schedule for a walk in our neighbourhood with “guest speakers” for each stop.
1. Meet at Lippert Park (On Weber Street between Wilhelm and Louisa) at 10 am and learn about its history.
2. Walk up Louisa Street to learn about some Heritage Houses.
3. Walk to Mt. Hope cemetary and learn about some fascinating people buried there (we’ll stay in the Moore street area so as not to roam too far).
4. Walk along Peltz Avenue and learn about naturalized landscaping and local area plants.
5. Finish up at B.F. Goodrich park to talk about eco restoration and anything else we can think of.
Children and bikes are welcome. It’s all about the journey and the conversations along the way.
For a map of our local walk, click here.
For information about other walks in Kitchener, and around North America: click here.