Posted on January 14, 2009
Kitchener is seeking citizen advisors for Local Environmental Action Fund (LEAF)
Two citizen advisors are being sought for the City of Kitchener’s new $5 million Local Environmental Action Fund (LEAF) steering committee. Deadline for citizen advisor application is Jan. 30 by 5 p.m.
The two citizen advisors will be members of the public who are environmental experts and/or community leaders with experience in granting organizations. A two-year commitment is required, with the evaluation work to occur in each of 2009 and 2010 between mid-February and mid-April.
The applicants must also be passionate about improving Kitchener’s biophysical environment, and at least one of the two citizen advisors must provide environmental expertise in one or more of the following areas:
· Climate change;
· Mitigation and/or adaptation;
· Public awareness of environmental issues;
· Air quality;
· Energy use and efficiency;
· Alternative energy sources;
· Land trusts and natural lands management, and/or
· Green transportation, walkable communities and alternatives to the automobile.
Nomination forms, submission information and further information about the LEAF steering committee can be found at www.kitchener.ca/leaf